Saturday, January 19, 2013

Upset

Today morning I offered hubby a helping hand translating a few short german passages into english.
It was a scout meeting protocol drafted by Julia and it wasn't difficult at all to understand it even in the original language.
However, the translation has upset me when I realised that I couldn't produce a proper text in english!
Even the infamous Google Translate seems to offer better suggestions than what I thought.

I was so demotivated since language is my only skill I possess. (Feel ashame as typing this line though...)
Everybody consoles me. saying that it is totally normal because I am living in a foreign country which dont require any use of english.
I dont feel any better, even tough I know it is simply a "normal" phenomen.

Oh je, Saturday morning, and I realise my english is retrograding...

No comments:

Post a Comment